INFL

Thursday, February 2, 2023

Best Budget FitnessTracker

Fitbit Inspire 3

If all you want is a simple health tracker that will track your steps and your sleep and let you know when someone is calling, the internet's marketplace is awash in knockoffs of this fitness tracker. For $80, you could get the original instead. This year, Fitbit released the latest version of its hugely popular Inspire, which thankfully does not use Wear OS. Instead, it continues to use Fitbit's clear and easy Fitbit app, has a pedometer that tracks SpO2 and sleep, and comes with a wide array of watch faces and accessories.


All wasn't easy-peasy. I had some connectivity issues and had to restart my phone when the Inspire 3 wouldn't update the time zone for a day or two. The Inspire 3 also regularly overestimated how much sleep I'd gotten, which made me mistrust their new Sleep Profile feature. For two months, I had a chronic nighttime cough; the Inspire 3 regularly logged me at 7 hours a night because I was lying still, when switching to a more sensitive fitness tracker put me at a much more accurate 5. However, if you have no health issues, it is more reliable and accessible than a knockoff Inspire 3, and Fitbit also regularly puts its trackers on sale.

★ Alternative: I also tried Amazon's Halo View ($35), which works with Alexa and uses Amazon's Activity Points system. However, I blow the Activity Points metric out of the water just by running, biking my kids to school and walking my dog, so I didn't find it particularly useful and I find the constant pushing of partnerships with Whole Foods and WW (formerly known as Weight Watchers) stressful.

Courtesy: wired.com

No comments:

Post a Comment